Cancer Navigators, Inc.
Cancer Navigators, a community-based nonprofit organization established in 2006, serves as a complement to the medical expertise of cancer care providers by guiding those affected by cancer toward a better understanding of diagnosis and care and connecting them with needed resources in their journey – free of charge.
Free services available to cancer patients include:
- Social Support Services - CN patient navigators assist patients with insurance and financial services – completing applications for Medicare, Medicaid, Disability, and SSI; also researching potential patient grants based on specific cancer diagnosis and employment history
- Counseling - A licensed clinical social worker is on staff to counsel patients
- Complementary Care Program - Massage, Acupressure, Music Therapy, Stress Management
- Nutrition - Referrals (local & state) to provide food to cancer patients; Liquid nutrition (Ensure, Boost, Glucerna) is available to patients
- Transportation - Gas card or bus voucher for transportation to treatments
- Medical Supplies & Wigs, Caps, Hats
- Transformations Retreat Series - Day long & multi-day residential retreats
- Weekly Stress Management Patient Support Group
- Caregiver Support Group