Water Plant Operator
We are looking for Water Plant Operator!
The purpose of this classification is to perform specialized/technical work functions associated with water treatment plant operations and maintenance.
- Controls water treatment plant processes and equipment per established procedures to purify/clarify water for human consumption.
- Performs a variety of physical, chemical, and bacteriological tests to determine the chemical consumption of water, control quality, and ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Monitors, operates, and calibrates various pumps used to regulate water flow, pressure, and tank levels.
- Takes readings from assorted meters/gauges; reads, interprets, and records a variety of data.
- Performs maintenance/repair tasks related to plant operations.
- Maintains the inventory of department chemicals, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains, logs, and records of test results, meter readings, chemical applications, and other data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in Water Plant Operations or a related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class III Water Plant Operator Certification or obtain it within 6 months.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Free Wellness Clinic
- Health/Major Medical
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Accruals
- Incentive Pays & Longevity Pay