Provides emergency restoration and disaster recovery services to customers following assigned work orders provided by the Lead Technician/Crew Chief.
- Performs water/fire/smoke damage and mold remediation repair as directed by supervisor to include water extraction, pack-out of contents, removing/disposing of non-salvageable materials, cleaning, light construction and demolition
- Sets up and monitors air movers and/or dehumidifiers
- May perform other cleaning duties (i.e., construction cleaning, fire/smoke/odor cleaning, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, etc.) when part of mitigation or restoration jobs
- Reports any equipment malfunction to supervisor
- Reports any customer problems or damage to supervisor
- Completes assigned job tasks according to company processes while maintaining quality control on each job
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to work within a team
- Takes instruction and stays on task
- Follows company guidelines and standards
- Good verbal and written and communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Can read and follow product label usage instructions
- Reports to work on time in a clean, complete uniform
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 70 pounds often, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lifting, squatting, crawling and crouching is required.
- Express or exchange ideas with others and receive and act on detailed information given.
- For safety reasons, respirators, which are used in certain situations, must be able to seal to your face.
- Inside and outside working conditions: The change of environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.