Shipping & Receiving
Please apply using this link: Applicant Stack - Shipping & Receiving.
About our Company:
SUHNER USA Inc. is a Swiss owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. We are part of the SUHNER group of companies, a 100-year-old family owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, SUHNER has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. The position is based at our US-headquarters located in Rome, GA.
Today, we are operating a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products, and customers and are looking for an energetic go-getter to add to our Team.
About the Job:The employee is responsible for the warehouse inventory and ensure the efficient flow of receiving, stocking, storage, picking and shipping of goods. This person would oversee the warehouse inventory for Suhner USA Divisions.
- $18.00-$21.50/hour depending on skills and experience
- Full-time/Hourly/Weekly pay
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contribution
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Hands-on to assist in the receiving, put-away, and shipping process
- Good communication & computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Ability to understand a Bill of Material (BOM)
- Strong people skills (interpersonal skills) with the ability to make decisions
- The ability to maintain an organized and cleanly warehouse
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Must demonstrate moderate/intermediate computer skills (i.e. ability to create, work-in and produce spreadsheets and word processing documents)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- For 50lbs+, must use material-handling PPE & devices to assist with lifting.
- Ideal candidate must be neat, self-motivated, and organized. Applicant must have a good working knowledge of the warehouse process in order develop/implement procedures.
- Responsible for warehouse merchandise ($1.6 million).
- Plan/coordinate the receiving of incoming goods (domestic & weekly international shipments).
- Responsible for show/exhibition stock/modules & prepare for upcoming events.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and organize/assist in cycle counts quarterly.
- Unload all trucks.
- Material Handling.
- Check in ALL materials.
- Receive and log into ERP system or spreadsheet.
- Responsible for taking the consumable supplies to each Dept.
- Responsible for turning in material certs or packing slip to appropriate Dept.
- Once Raw Material is QC’d and lotted in, deliver to appropriate Dept.
- Place all wire in FIFO order in Raw Material location.
- Responsible for skidding up all Vendors wire reels and giving Purchasing the reel/skid count.
- Develop and ensure systems and procedures for efficient process
- Assist with the stocking/implementation of key initiatives as necessary
- Perform other warehouse duties as needed
- Climate controlled warehouse