YMCA Aquatics Coordinator
Assist Aquatics Director in organizing and implementing high quality YMCA aquatic programs. This position requires an individual who is energetic and demonstrates the YMCA character traits of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility while being able to help develop and maintain community relationships with members and other organizations.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Must have all aquatic certifications including LG, First Aid /CPR, AED and basic understanding of YMCA programs, swim lessons, aquatic exercise, and good knowledge of pool operations.
- Experience in recreation, physical education, or related field.
- Supervise program activities to meet YMCA objectives and maintain collaborative relationships with the community and its associated organizations.
- Help build new and existing programs including, but not limited to, swim lessons, aqua-aerobics, and lap swim.
- Assist with staff training and schedules, coordinate staff and volunteers, and motivate staff to achieve goals as second in command.
- Adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Routinely conducts proper maintenance checks for all pool areas including the whirlpool. Help secure and schedule pool and aquatics facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Help Aquatics Director with First Aid, CPR, and lifeguard training.
- Schedule and teach swim classes for youth and adults.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assist in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with quarterly Program Committee meetings.
- Compile program statistics and data for the Aquatics Director
- Help schedule birthday parties and special events in the pool.
- Assist in developing a year-round, learn-to-swim program.
- Provide swimming instruction for additional programs, i.e., Outreach Swim Lessons, Water Days for Summer Feeding Sites, and Day Camp.
- Conduct new employee training and orientations when needed.
- Work required weekly hours as lifeguard and help cover lifeguard shifts as needed.
- Able to work various hours to help operate and maintain all aspects of the aquatics department, including mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our organization’s values.
The Aquatics Coordinator must have sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform the essential functions of position and to supervise program activities, including being able to lift 40 pounds.
Excellent benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, Y Retirement (upon eligibility), life insurance, short-term disability, free Y membership and Y programs, paid time off for vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Full-Time Hourly Position
Pay Range: $15 - $18 (based on certifications)
YMCA of Rome Floyd County is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.