Catering Event Planner
Maintain awareness of incoming communication from customers and upcoming catering events to support Catering Director in their duties as well as plan events and deliveries. Present a warm reception for guests to the office inquiring about catering services in person as well as over the phones and via e-mail. Work with customers, staff, and vendors to ensure the successful execution of all events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn all policies, procedures, and standards of Harvest Moon Catering Department to be able to accurately answer customer questions and book events.
- Be available to work weekend and evening events as needed, especially during busy seasons. (Busy seasons are typically late spring and October – December.)
- Communicate food and alcohol orders to buyers within set deadlines. Shop for ingredients at local stores or online vendors as needed.
- Work with café management to prepare a set limited menu for onsite off menu events.
- Have an adequate knowledge of food with a good understanding of food pairings to help customers create a cohesive menu.
- Be knowledgeable about maintaining food quality and safety.
- Build relationships with kitchen staff to facilitate teamwork and understand the labor needed to prepare each menu item to ensure our kitchen is able to execute orders on time.
Help complete food orders with kitchen staff as needed.
- Coordinating multiple food orders leaving the kitchen to ensure events receive their food and all accompaniments at the scheduled time.
- Manage incoming calls and emails.
- Train and Supervise event staff with effective follow-up.
- Create room setup diagrams with all tables, chairs, and any additional items along with any special and helpful instructions to staff or vendors prior to event. Take part in room setup as needed.
- Maintain existing and cultivate new relationships with area vendors for subcontracted services to help provide our customers with helpful information and additional services for their events.
- Provide photos of recent catering events to help promote future sales.
- Gaining knowledge and ability to coordinate any catering event to skill mastery.
- Must be detail oriented and have good proofreading skills
- Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and Google Gmail and Calendar preferred, but must be able to quickly learn these programs
- Must be able to communicate with even temperament and diplomacy
? Must have the stamina and availability to work approximately 40 hours per week? Must be able to lift 50lbs, as some room set up is necessary.
$ ____ / Hour (based on experience)
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Catering: 1 year (Preferred)