About our Company:
SUHNER USA Inc. is a Swiss-owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. We are part of the SUHNER group of companies, a 100-year-old family-owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, SUHNER has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. The position is based at our US-headquarters located in Rome, GA.
Today, we are operating a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products, and customers and are looking for an energetic go-getter to add to our Team.
|The COMPONENTS Division is looking for the following Full-Time position:
|Facility Buyer [Full-Time]
About the Job:
|The Buyer is responsible for the acquisition of raw materials, supplies, services, and equipment necessary to support company operations. They work under the leadership of the Operations Manager to execute established procurement strategies.
- $65k-$75k depending on experience
- Full time/Salary/Bi-weekly pay
- 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k plan with up to 7% Employer contribution
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
|Required Experience & Education
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Certification by the institute for supply management (ISM) a plus but not required.
- Proven track record of innovation, ingenuity, creativity, attention to detail, ownership, integrity, accountability, and willingness to seek and take on challenges is required.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills at all levels of the organization and the ability to break down purchasing discussion into understandable concepts for non-purchasing colleagues.
|Required Interpersonal & Behavioral Skills
- Collaborate effectively and ensure buy-in with key stakeholders and with appropriate external agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and adjust to a changing work environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Execute established procurement strategies.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers in accordance with material requirements planning and purchase requisitions within the approval policy and procedures.
- Manage raw material inventories to support operations according to production schedules while keeping inventory investment at a practical low level.
- Monitor supplier performance: on time delivery to confirmed date and pricing accuracy.
- Expedite process to bring in or push out deliveries to align with production.
- Monitor and take steps to minimize supply chain risk.
- Participate in cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Maintaining ERP and database systems.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Climate-controlled facility.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regular required to sit, stand, bend, crouch, and walk.