|About our Company:
Suhner Manufacturing, Inc. is a Swiss owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. Suhner is part of the Suhner group of companies, a 100-year-old family owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, Suhner has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. Our US-headquarters is located in Rome, GA, where this position is based.
Today, we are operating a 60,000 sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to Join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products and customers and are looking for an energetic go getter to add to our Team.
The COMPONENTS Division is looking for the following Full-Time position:
About the Job:
The Planning & Continuous Improvement Coordinator schedules production according to demand and quality standards. The candidate must be organized, results-driven, and have great problem-solving skills. They are responsible for ensuring smooth, cost-efficient production operations.
- $65,000 – $75,000 based upon experience
- Full time/Salary/Bi-weekly pay
- Monday – Friday (8am-5pm)
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k plan
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
- High school diploma or GED; College degree preferred.
- Supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel/PowerPoint).
- Ability to understand engineering and quality documents (BOM, technical drawings, etc).
- Basic/Intermediate knowledge of database structures (Access, MySQL).
- Proficient knowledge of an ERP system (BaaN, SAP).
- Ability to use/understand measuring tools & test fixtures (torque test, optical comparator, torque wrench, micrometer, caliper).
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Plan and manage production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery to customer orders.
- Expected to assist in scheduling of production for all departments.
- Monitor Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) for equipment in all departments.
- Generate and review manufacturing performance data. Present results through visualization or other accessible methods.
- Work with Managers to plan and manage production tasks to improve runtime.
- Analyze sales orders with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Review inventory stocking levels and assist in planning and execution of level loaded production planning.
- Oversee and coordinate inventory accuracy through cycle counting, manual inventory transactions, and annual physical inventory events.
- Create and maintain Work Instructions and other required training documentation.
- Assist other departments with active projects as well as lead or manage continuous improvement projects and activities.
- Assist management with monthly and annual reviews of various manufacturing metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute to global initiatives to standardize information and improve communication between locations and business units.
- Expected to follow Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Morale management system.
- Climate-controlled facility.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regular required to sit, stand, bend, crouch, and walk.