HOSPITALITY AND EVENTS COORDINATOR
The Hospitality and Event Services Coordinator serves as the primary staff member responsible for planning and coordinating weddings, receptions, and other major campus events, including summer camps and conferences.
- Liaison for all weddings in campus chapels, Ford Dining Hall, and wedding/receptions at Christopher Browning Pavilion at Oak Hill
- Responsible for planning and execution of summer camps and conferences
- Assist with the hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising student teams. Student teams include campus scheduling office, special events staff and camps and conferences summer team.
- Facility management of College Chapel, Frost Chapel, Barnwell Chapel, Ford Dining Hall and the Christopher Browning Pavilion to ensure that all spaces are well maintained and set up appropriately for special events.
- Work with vendors and internal departments to coordinate set-up, catering, and other logistical needs for events.
- Event support for internal campus events and assist in management of EMS (Event Management System).
- Assist with department or other campus initiatives as needed
A bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 1-3 years of event planning experience. Experience in wedding and large event coordination is preferred. The ideal candidate should possess a thorough understanding of event and wedding planning and the ability to develop and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with clients both internal and external to the college. Candidates must have excellent customer service, time management and communication skills. This position requires a team oriented, self-motivated individual who is comfortable taking on many tasks and juggling multiple events simultaneously. In addition, availability to work nights and weekends is a must.
ABOUT BERRY COLLEGE
Berry is a selective independent college of 2,200 undergraduate students located adjacent to Rome, GA, midway between Atlanta, GA, and Chattanooga, TN. Berry's educational approach deliberately unites challenging academic programs with practical work experience in a residential campus community that encourages faith and emphasizes caring for the needs of others above self. This commitment to an "education of the head, heart and hands" remains as relevant today as when our founder instilled this ethic more than a century ago. Nationally recognized for quality of learning and quality of life, Berry offers first-rate undergraduate degree programs in the sciences, humanities, arts and human sciences, as well as undergraduate and master's level opportunities in business and teacher education. The College's stunning 27,000-acre campus affords opportunities that cannot be duplicated elsewhere. Berry's ongoing commitment is to provide exceptional educational experiences to talented students from a wide range of social, racial, and economic backgrounds.
Berry College is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse faculty and staff. An Equal Opportunity Institution, Berry complies with all applicable laws and provisions prohibiting discrimination in its educational and employment policies. Berry respects the essential dignity of all individuals and accordingly hires and promotes employees without regard to matters of personal identity such as ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and political affiliation. Berry College is committed to ensuring facilities, programs, services, and activities are accessible to everyone, including those seeking employment at Berry College. Inquiries about interview or workplace accommodations are welcomed and can be directed to Wayne Phipps, Director of Human Resources, at (706) 290-2698.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified individual has been hired. Berry College is an equal opportunity employer. For ADA Accommodations please contact our ADA Coordinator VTTY 706-233-4062.