Quality Coordinator Bilingual (Japanese-English)
Suzuki MFG is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Quality coordinator Bilingual Japanese-English. This position is Monday-Friday, Overtime is required and some Saturdays
The main duties of this position are to communicate with Suzuki Japan, internal departments, and customers through quality control activities for in-house parts, customer parts, imported parts, and products, and to inspect, judge, take action, and control whether products are manufactured as required based on drawings and technical standards, using various measuring instruments.
1. Check and measure the progress of new parts, process change parts, engineering change parts, etc. based on the PPAP procedure. Control progress of production readiness, confirm parts and products evaluation results and measure and evaluate parts and/or products.
2. Based on the requirements from drawings and technical standards from Suzuki Japan, perform quality control for mass production parts and receive and control periodical inspection data from a supplier.
3. Confirm that standards submitted by suppliers meet the drawing specifications and that the contents are assured.
4. Control documents such as standard, periodical inspection data, and/or quality reports submitted by suppliers.
5. Perform supplier quality evaluation and monitor the progress of investigation conducted by suppliers.
6. Perform periodic calibration control for measuring instruments used within SMAC.
7. Evaluate products and parts using various measuring instruments. Also, coordinate with outside inspection/test company and monitor the progress.
8. Using the provided data and analysis results, create a report, conduct meetings, and create and verify standards. Excel, Word, and/or PowerPoint shall be utilized.
9. Follow the instruction that was given by the Quality Manager and/or supervisor, and support quality control and quality investigation task.
10. Adhere to company safety policies.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Job Requirements
- Understanding Japanese manufacturing and quality control systems is preferred.
- Being able to use CMM, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, etc., among the measuring instruments is preferred.
- Mathematical and reasoning skill is preferred.
- A minimum of high school education in a related technical field is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-related software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, et., is desirable
- The ability to complete any task
- Must be bilingual (English and Japanese verbally and written). Understand both American and Japanese culture, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills.