Suhner is the flexible manufacturer of special industrial tools and components. We help the professional, industrial manufacture to optimize process costs.
Suhner Industrial Products is part of the Suhner group of companies, a 100 year old family owned company based in Switzerland. The North American headquarters are located in Rome, GA and has been serving the American and Canadian markets since 1976. Suhner has become a leader in the Automation Division with a full repair, design, service and training center to meet the needs of our OEM & manufacturing customer’s needs. For further information, please visit our website: www.suhner.com
|Production Machine Operator
The Operator is responsible for the professional series production of flexible shaft. Load, set up, adjust and operate a flexible shaft machine in accordance with engineering specifications, procedures and work instructions. Measure and test in-process flexible shaft per specifications, procedures and work instructions to ensure conformance to product requirement. Complete all required documentation to ensure traceability of the finished bulk flexible shaft. Supervision and monitoring of the production processes and basic trouble shooting. Responsible for a smooth production process.
- Obtain schedule of product to be produced, standard production forms to be completed and any special instructions from the Supervisor.
- Responsible for the documentation of problems, produced quantities, scrap, start and end of production on provided formats.
- Load, set-up, adjust and operate machine in accordance with engineering specifications, procedures, and work instructions.
- Measure and test in-process flexible shaft per specifications, procedures, and work instructions to ensure conformance to product requirements.
- Responsible for the inspections of product during production process.
- Ensures on time completion of production orders.
- Ensures safety, environmental protection, and cleanliness in designated areas.
- Perform other functions related to flexible shaft winding as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Able to read and understand Work Instructions and other documents related to the job.
- Able to write legibly as required for the job.
- Able to perform basic math operations (add, subtract, multiply and divide) with and without the use of a calculator as required for the job.
- Able to measure product using micrometers, calliper, scales (rulers) and measuring tapes.
- Able to operate digital scales for weighing product.
- Able to operate relatively complex production machinery performing multiple, interrelated operations.
- Able to make minor adjustments of production machinery using hand tools, (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Troubleshoots equipment or process problems. Analyses when to call support department resources.
- Operates job tasks when required.
- Performs daily or weekly paperwork/reporting requirements.
- Help achieve production goals by assisting with equipment troubleshooting, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily while adhering to good attendance practices.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Required to regularly required to stand for at least 2 hours.
- Lifting up-to 50 pounds from floor to waist. Waist to chest level multiple times per shift.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Machine Operation in a manufacturing facility
- Climate Controlled facility
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- Eligible for vacation accrual after 90 days
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 Hour Shifts
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift 8am-4pm
- 2nd shift 4pm-12am; 2nd shift premium additional .50 cents per hour + base pay
- 3rd shift 12am-8am; 3rd shift premium additional .75 cents per hour + base pay
Pay Frequency: Weekly
- Supplemental Pay: Bonus Pay: perfect attendance and employee referral bonus programs.
- Pay: $11.61-$18.42 per hour
- Some Overtime available
- Occasional Weekends