Department Production Manager
Please apply using the link: Applicant Stack - Department Production Manager.
About our Company:
Suhner Manufacturing, Inc. is a Swiss owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. Suhner is part of the Suhner group of companies, a 100-year-old family owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, Suhner has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. Our US-headquarters is located in Rome, GA, where this position is based.
Today, we are operating a 60,000 sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to Join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products and customers and are looking for an energetic go getter to add to our Team.The COMPONENTS Division is looking for the following Full-Time position:
Department Production Manager [Full-Time]
About the Job:
Department Production Manager assesses and sets production schedules to meet production targets and efficiencies to support overall goals. Department production manager also supports Suhner’s vision, mission and promotes a positive culture.
Department Production Manager will report directly to Operations Manager. They ensure the proper health, safety and quality regulations are being adhered to throughout the duration of the production cycle.
They ensure proper scheduling of routine and preventative maintenance of production equipment in use, and coordinate, plan, and direct activities that are used to produce goods. They create opportunities to make a process or procedure more efficient and determine if any new equipment or machines need to be procured. Department Production managers need a minimum bachelor’s degree in related industries, including supply chain management, industrial engineering, or business management.
The Department Production Manager schedules production according to demand and quality standards. The candidate must be organized, results-driven, and have great problem-solving skills. They are responsible for ensuring smooth, cost-efficient production operations.
- Full time/Salary/Bi-weekly pay
- Monday – Friday (8am-5pm)
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k plan
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
- Supervisory/managerial experience required.
- Must demonstrate moderate/intermediate computer skills (i.e. ability to create, work-in and produce spreadsheets, word processing documents and ERP functions)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- Six Sigma or other relevant Training a plus.
- Comfortable with training teams and employees
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and problem solve.
- Set daily, weekly production schedules to meet production targets.
- Meet the production, quality, and safety needs
- Maintaining an efficient workplace by assigning jobs and duties in a fair and equitable manner.
- Responsible for enforcing all guidelines, policies, and safety regulations.
- Responsible for corrective actions.
- Assisting subordinates with reviews and disciplinary matters as needed.
- Responsible for complying with Suhner policies.
- Responsible for complying with federal, state, and local regulations regarding personnel.
- Responsible for creating an environment for personal growth and development of the employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and attending supervisor meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and verifying employee payroll hours.
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining production orders for each of there departments.
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals
- Providing monthly reports of quality control, production numbers, safety, and other reports as needed
- Handle conflict resolution and performance management with support of Human Resources team
- Ensure workplace is safe and clean through task delegation and educating personnel.
- Supervise the quality of work produced during the shift.
- Other task as assigned
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Climate-controlled facility.
- The employee is regular required to sit, stand, bend, crouch and walk.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Must be a people person
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Proven manufacturing Shop Floor leadership experience.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good management and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently on plant wide basis.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and be proficient in ERP system
- Ability to use/understand measuring tools & test fixtures (i.e. torque test, optical comparator, torque wrench, micrometers, calipers)
- Proven record in training employees about safety and production
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics