Deputy Clerk II
We are looking for a Deputy Clerk II!
The purpose of this classification is to perform advanced clerical work functions associated with processing/maintaining information, documentation, and records and responding to requests for information related to the office of the Clerk of Superior Court.
- Processes/records property deeds, liens, and financial statements.
- Records, stamps, and files court orders, court transcripts, or other legal documentation; signs and seals subpoenas. Processes and enters new cases into a computer.
- Prepares documentation pertaining to adoptions and hearings; attends adoptions and records court minutes; responds to routine questions, complaints, or requests.
- Receives monies in payment of fines, filing fees, taxes, copies, and other departmental fees/services; records transactions; balances cash and forwards revenues.
- Performs tasks related to financial balancing; balances checking account; posts and balances ledgers.
- Prepares billing statements to collect fees from attorneys, banks, IRS, city/county agencies, or other entities.
- Maintains funds for jury accounts; coordinates jury activities; coordinates jury selection; maintains records of jury service and expenses; prepares jury summonses, and jury listings, and maintains jury master file.
- Attends court for jury trials, non-jury trials, and arraignments; prepares juror listings; administers oaths to jurors and witnesses.
- Packages files of closed cases and forwards to records retention center; requests records from retention center as needed.
- Answers the telephone; provides assistance; takes, returns, relays messages, and/or directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a Deputy Clerk position, a related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Free Wellness Clinic
- Health/Major Medical
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Accruals
- Incentive Pays & Longevity Pay