We are looking for a Court Clerk!
The purpose of this classification is to provide clerical support to the Probate Court and to provide information and assistance to litigants, attorneys, and the general public.
- Performs customer service functions: provides information/assistance regarding court proceedings, procedures, documentation, fees, case status/disposition, or other issues on the phone or in person.
- Distributes forms and documentation; responds to routine questions or complaints; researches problems/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
- Performs notary public duties.
- Processes court-related documentation; assists in preparing, receiving and processing subpoenas, court judgments, hearings, continuances, and appeals.
- Files bills and indexes information into computer database; receives and date stamps court related and/or legal documents.
- Researches estates/ guardianship information; monitors and audits annual returns on probated estate matters to ensure proper filing and accurate inventories; reviews, verifies, records and files required information.
- Maintains departmental file system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of experience in clerical work, court services administration, administrative support, or closely related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Georgia Crime Information Center Certification is required.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation-Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic