About our Company:
SUHNER USA Inc. is a Swiss-owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. We are part of the SUHNER group of companies, a 100-year-old family-owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, SUHNER has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. The position is based at our US-headquarters located in Rome, GA.
Today, we are operating a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products, and customers and are looking for an energetic go-getter to add to our Team.
- 2+ years of experience in areas of HR, Payroll, and Benefit Administration.
- Able to provide relevant feedback and information necessary for improving efficiency.
- Knowledge of good office management principles; knowledge of good supervisory and training techniques.
- Able to read and comprehend HR, Payroll, and Benefit documents, as well as any other documents related to the job.
- Must maintain strict professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey information and explain or discuss office policy and procedures with Professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Must be able to coordinate and host outside corporate events including Christmas party, family days, wellness events, and more.
- Experience posting on various social media platforms: Facebook, company intranet, SharePoint, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look up’s, Dashboards), Word, Outlook, and Teams.
- Administration of all day-to-day Payroll/Human Resources and Employment Processes.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Human Resources Department.
- Serve as the Employee Engagement Rewards and Recognition lead.
- Scan HR-related documents for electronic filing and maintain the HR drive.
- HRIS and systems management, Proliant, AOD Timekeeping, MS Office 365, Excel, Word, PPT, Teams, SharePoint.
- Maintain time entry process and payroll maintenance for all SUHNER USA employees and temporary employees.
- Process payroll for all SUHNER USA (includes but not limited to generating pay batches, timecards, payroll worksheets, additional payments, completion of payroll worksheets, Labor Distribution reports, payroll transfer totals to AR, process partial claims as needed).
- Interact with and provide HR and/or payroll-related information to employees and department heads.
- Generate and distribute reports (Turnover, Overtime, Absenteeism, Labor totals etc.).
- Assists with full-cycle recruiting including but not limited to posting open positions, telephone screening applicants, scheduling interviews, arranging conference rooms, reference checking, verification of employment, and administering pre-employment drug test coordination as required.
- Employee Benefits Administration, Open Enrollment, Daily Maintenance.
- Employee Onboarding; conducting new hire orientation.
- Verify insurance bills for all companies and generate invoices for Accounts Payable.
- Complete exit paperwork and maintain COBRA documentation to terminated employees.
- Gives general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms, spreadsheets, and reports, arranging team meetings, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Assist employees & management as required with personnel issues, I-9’s, badges, new hire reporting, salary increases, benefit changes.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, investigations, performance evaluations, and classifications.
- Assist HR Manager in Worker’s Compensation Claims Management.
- Assist with full cycle of Performance Management Reviews, new hires, annual, training, and coaching supervisors to support new electronic platform.
- Develop good working relationships with employees and management.
- Support the Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging mindset.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Assist HR manager with annual 401K, Workers Compensation, and payroll audit compliance.
- Assist HR Manager Coordinating and attending Events: Wellness, Company Christmas Party, Family Picnic.
- Support HR Manager in Policy development and documentation.
- Answer main HR phone calls and redirect/transfer calls to various departments.
- Retrieve faxes daily and forward non-HR Faxes to various departments.
- Maintain Visitor Management system, changes, upkeep through Lobby Fox system.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned by Human Resource Manager.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit at a desk for a large portion of the day (stand-up desk is available).
- May require periods of walking throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to work longer hours based on departmental needs.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift to 20 lbs.