Provides assistance in all dining services functions as directed by the manager or hostess, in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures, federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Assists in providing the resident with a nourishing, well balanced meal.
- Serve meals on a timely basis that are palatable, appetizing in appearance, garnished, and at proper temperature.
- Assist in maintaining all work/storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times. Move stock and equipment as necessary to complete daily cleaning duties as assigned.
- Follow all safety regulations at all times.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry, and free of hazardous equipment.
- Perform ware-washing duties as assigned.
- Follow established infection control policies and procedures.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to manager.
- Report all accidents/incidents as established by department policies.
- Follow all dining services procedures in accordance with established policies.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with department personnel, as well as other departments within the facility, to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to assure resident rights are protected.
- Assist in making new dining services employees feel welcome.
- Attend and participate in in-services, workshops, seminars, etc. as directed.
- Follow facility’s dress and hygiene policies.
- Assist with in-house fire control and in resident evacuation during fire or disaster emergencies.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate or as directed by manager.
- Service should be timely and pleasant.
- All food is served from customers’ left.
- All beverages are served from customers’ right. Step back when pouring to reduce risk of spilling on residents.
- Maintain customers’ beverages. Pour fresh water and coffee in timely manner.
- Serve water before any part of the order is taken.
- Inform customers of the soup, bread, and dessert of the day.
- Take order from left to right, clockwise.
- Remain alert to customers and their needs.
- Check tables and collect dirty dishes as necessary.
- Make certain dirty dishes are removed before serving dessert.