Water Meter Reader
We are looking for a Water Meter Reader!
The purpose of this position is to perform work functions associated with reading water meters, recording water usage data, activating/terminating water service and performing manual work functions associated with construction, repair, and maintenance of the County water system.
- Locates and reads residential, commercial and industrial water meters on an assigned route.
- Records water meter data utilizing portable computer and visual meter reading device to read electronic meters; records data and confirms readings.
- Terminates water service.
- Activates/re-activates water service.
- Checks meters for accurate readings and proper operations.
- Performs general maintenance on water meters and meter boxes.
- Repairs/replaces meter boxes and lids.
- Operates and maintains vehicle used in performance of job.
- Receives payments from water customers; forwards to cashier for processing; assists with collecting on unpaid accounts as needed.
- Provides information and/or assistance to customers concerning water meter issues; notifies customers of leaks, responds to requests for service.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation-Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic