Senior Election Technician
We are looking for a Senior Election Technician!
The purpose of this classification is to provide senior level technical and maintenance support for the Floyd County Board of Elections Office.
- Programs, certifies, maintains, exports data, and runs reports from voting systems, applications and programs.
- Confirms all voting machines and poll locations are in correct categories; loads memory cards, I-Buttons, and print labels; conducts mock election to verify canvass.
- Prepares voting equipment for delivery for early voting and election day voting at polls.
- Oversees the distribution of voting equipment to locations; coordinates the delivery with the County staff.
- Designs, creates, and requests bids on material list.
- Uses and maintains equipment and tools to complete duties including truck lifts for voting equipment.
- Certifies, seals, and maintains tabulator and voting machines with Logic & Assurance to verify scanners read ballots; calibrates the machines for time, date, and battery status.
- Performs preventative maintenance on voting machines including verification of door, key, panel, and wheel operations.
- Provides voter assistance including inserting blank test decks; manually selecting voting positions to verify selections were marked correctly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience in computer programming, applications support, or related experience.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic