Remote Site Operator Part-Time
We are looking for a part-time Remote Site Operator!
The purpose of this classification is to perform general/manual work functions associated with operation of County Remote Site facilities. This position is part time and will work on an on call basis.
- Opens/closes dump site each day, following established procedures and secures premises.
- Operates a compactor to compact household garbage and other refuse; monitors types of items placed into compactor; clears compaction area to prevent blocking; monitors operation and condition of compactor to measure level of contents, prevents overflowing of materials.
- Provides information and direction to the general public concerning separation of recyclable materials and disposal procedures; directs customers with non-disposable materials elsewhere as appropriate.
- Cleans/maintains compactor and surrounding areas; cleans/maintains buildings and work areas.
- Monitors safety conditions of compactor and surrounding areas.
- Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documents; processes and forwards as appropriate.
- The ability to read and write English.
- Six (6) months experience in equipment operation, or a related field.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Longevity Pay
Floyd County Human Resources