Remote Site Operator
We are looking for a Remote Site Operator!
The purpose of this classification is to perform general/manual work functions associated with operation of County Remote Site facilities.
- Opens/closes dump site each day, following established procedures and secures premises.
- Operates a compactor to compact household garbage and other refuse; monitors types of items placed into compactor; clears compaction area to prevent blocking; monitors operation and condition of compactor to measure level of contents, prevents overflowing of materials.
- Provides information and direction to the general public concerning separation of recyclable materials and disposal procedures; directs customers with non-disposable materials elsewhere as appropriate.
- Cleans/maintains compactor and surrounding areas; cleans/maintains buildings and work areas.
- Monitors safety conditions of compactor and surrounding areas.
- Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documents; processes and forwards as appropriate.
- The ability to read and write English and six (6) months experience in equipment operation, or a related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic
Floyd County Human Resources