We are looking for Patrol Officers!
The purpose of this classification is to protect life and property, to maintain law and order, to respond to emergency calls and to patrol the County enforcing criminal and traffic laws and investigating criminal activity. Work involves an element of personal danger and officer must be able to act without direct supervision and to exercise judgment in meeting emergency situations.
- Maintains high visibility by patrolling the assigned areas, county roads, parks, neighborhoods, and businesses to ensure security.
- Performs surveillance in high crime locations and apprehends criminal suspects.
- Investigates reported crimes; interviews and obtains statements from victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informants.
- Processes crime scenes; gathers, prepares, and submits evidence to the crime lab.
- Obtains warrants, performs various types of search operations, and locates missing persons.
- Response to dispatched communications; mediates disputes and advises on rights.
- Investigates automobile accidents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete police academy when scheduled or be a Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified law enforcement officer.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic