NWGHA YouthBuild Job Developer
Position Title: NWGHA YouthBuild Job Developer
Reports To: YouthBuild Director
**This is a grant-funded position with an anticipated grant end date of September 30, 2026, with the possibility of the grant being renewed by the U.S. Department of Labor.
The Job Developer develops work experience opportunities and targeted professional training, and ensures credentialing is aligned with the needs and expectations of employers or other post-exit partners. The Job Developer also prepares and supports YouthBuild participants for post-program transitions as soon as they enter the program, through soft skills development, supportive service connections, and the use of interest and skills assessments based on competency models. The work of a job developer begins on day one and continues over the lifecycle of the grant to ensure participants are fully prepared for post-program success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish strong relationships with Construction and Healthcare industry associations and employers to develop sector related job opportunities for constituents of YouthBuild Program
- Coordinate on-site recruitment events for graduating Construction and Healthcare Cohorts on or prior to graduation.
- Schedule frequent employer visits with hiring managers to promote community engagement and hiring NWGHA’s YouthBuild graduates.
- Stay engaged with both employer and job seeker to ensure successful 85% or higher placement and strive toward 100% retention of all placed within their sector of training.
- Proactive planning and troubleshooting to ensure job seeker commitment to attend employer interviews on-time and to show up on-time to work once placed.
- Collaborate across YouthBuild and Employment Teams
- Help facilitate Job Readiness workshops including Resume Development, Mock Interviews, career path development and promote skills for success.
- Ensure that all participants develop and complete a resume during job readiness training.
- Throughout the training, inform participants of potential employers, job opportunities and career path opportunities including trade union opportunities.
- Provide participant support during technical training classes as assigned by the YouthBuild Program Director.
- Conduct recruitment and outreach activities as needed to ensure adequate program enrollement
- Coordinate on-site and off-site employer partnership, guest speaker, and worksite visit presentations to cohort during training and at graduation
- Promote participants to sector employers in advance of graduation.
- Meet or exceed annual placement and retention outcomes based on contractual goals.
- Develop and expand employer relationships and opportunities with quality employers with a focus on employers who can hire candidates and offer living wage opportunities and promotion/career growth.
- Take the lead on collecting outstanding placement and retention documents (i.e. paystub and employment verification).
- Work closely with YouthBuild’s staff & and other workforce staff to ensure that all employer needs are fulfilled
- Deliver oral presentations as requested to program participants and to employers/industry associations.
- Real time data entry and milestone tracking in Database.
- Follow department calendaring procedure to ensure coverage, support, and collaboration
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people. Travel to multiple sites and locations.
Qualifications : Experience and Education
Minimum of an Associates’ degree in psychology, social work, or similar and/or experience required that exhibits the candidate’s ability to effectively perform the duties and tasks related to this position. A background in counseling, job development, or crisis intervention experience working with young adults, or related field; in youth development services, and/or a workforce program is preferred, but not necessary.
Requires the willingness and desire to teach young people about service systems and decision making processes; requires the willingness to learn from young adults and the ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
Other: Must possess a valid state driver’s license and maintained throughout employment.