Equipment Operator II
We are looking for Equipment Operator IIs!
The purpose of this job is to operate commercial-grade vehicles and heavy equipment to perform manual work functions associated with the construction, repair, and maintenance of County road systems.
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery, and tools used in road construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Operates Commercial grade vehicle.
- Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
- Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in good working condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
- Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
- Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio; provides information; takes and relays messages.
- The ability to read and write English.
- Six (6) months of experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic