EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
The purpose of this job is to operate commercial grade vehicles and heavy equipment to perform manual work functions associated with construction, repair, and maintenance of County road systems.
• Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery and tools used in road construction, maintenance and repair.
• Operates Commercial grade vehicle.
• Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
• Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in good working condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
• Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio; provides information; takes and relays messages.
The ability to read and write English and six (6) months of experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.