Equipment Operator I
We are looking for Equipment Operator Is!
The purpose of this job is to operate heavy equipment and perform manual work functions associated with the construction, repair, and maintenance of County road systems.
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery, and tools used in road construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
- Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in good working condition.
- Monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
- Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
- Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio.
- The ability to read and write English.
- Six (6) months of experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic