We are looking for Detail Officers!
The purpose of this classification is to perform security/manual work functions associated with overseeing the safety and security of offenders assigned to work detail involving road, roadside, and bridge construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Supervises, directs, and guards offenders on assigned work details; monitors activities and behavior of offenders.
- Maintains offender discipline; enforces established correctional facility rules and regulations.
- Conducts head-counts of offenders; searches offenders, vehicles, and grounds to locate/remove contraband or weapons.
- Performs tasks involving road, bridge, and roadside construction and maintenance.
- Determines and procures appropriate materials, tools, equipment, and machinery for work projects.
- Determines the best match of duties to each offender; instructs offenders on proper work techniques; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed projects; releases offenders back to the correctional facility upon completion of work detail.
- Ensures safety and security of work area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in road construction/maintenance, equipment operation, or related field.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Basic Corrections Officer Training (BCOT) Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic