We are looking for Deputy Sheriffs!
The purpose of this classification is to provide and maintain security, safety, care, and control of offenders, detention facilities, and facility equipment.
- Supervises and controls offenders within the institution.
- Maintains security of institutions and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
- Supervises offender activities.
- Assists in dispensing medication to offenders.
- Settles disputes between offenders.
- Assists in offender counts.
- Checks doors for security; inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies.
- Conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
- Assists in processing offenders in and out.
- Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
- Performs special transportation duties and may assist the field services division.
- Serves criminal warrants and civil processes issued by the court; testifies in judicial proceedings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have no state or federal convictions punishable by imprisonment in federal or state prisons, and no misdemeanor convictions sufficient to establish a pattern of disregard for the law.
- Must have no convictions of Family Violence Crimes.
- Must possess and maintain current P.O.S.T. Basic Peace Officer Certification.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic