DEPUTY CLERK I
The purpose of this classification is to perform clerical work functions associated with processing/maintaining information, documentation and records, and responding to requests for information related to the office of the Clerk of Superior Court.
• Processes a variety of documentation associated with departmental operations.
• Performs data entry functions by keying data into computer system, retrieves, reviews, or modifies data in computer database, verifies accuracy of data and makes corrections as needed, generates computerized reports.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, correspondence, warrants, legal documents, property deeds, notary commissions, invoices, minutes, or other documents. Processes/records property deeds, checks accuracy and completeness, verifies receipt of appropriate fees, affixes tax stamps and time stamps, enters into filing docket.
• Records, stamps, and files court orders, court transcripts, or other legal documentation, signs and seals subpoenas.
• Greet visitors entering the officer and direct to appropriate staff.
High School Diploma or equivalent and six (6) months experience in clerical or general office work or a related field or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job.