We are looking for a Custodian!
The purpose of this classification is to perform general janitorial and light maintenance work in the care of County buildings, grounds, and surrounding areas.
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and/or shampoos carpet or floor surfaces located in hallways, stairs, offices, restrooms, kitchens/break rooms, lounges, jail cells, public rooms, elevators, storage rooms, and other areas; performs spot cleaning as needed.
- Cleans, dusts, and polishes furniture, equipment, artwork, fixtures, surfaces, walls, wood paneling, window sills, trim, doors, cabinets, vents, or other surfaces; cleans office equipment, tables, and telephones.
- Cleans, deodorizes, and disinfects bathrooms, cleans mirrors and showers, replenishes soap products and paper products.
- Cleans and disinfects water fountains, or other public facilities. Washes/cleans glass doors, windows, and blinds.
- Operates/utilizes various equipment, tools, and supplies which may include a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, buffing machine, floor scrubber, water extractor, mop, broom, cleaning supplies, hand tools, or mechanic tools.
- Performs basic maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in operable condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety, reports faulty equipment.
- Prepares or completes forms, reports, correspondence, or other documents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in cleaning and building maintenance.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic