The purpose of this classification is to maintain the safety, security, control, and welfare of persons incarcerated in the Floyd County Prison.
• Supervises and controls offenders within institution.
• Maintains security of institution and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
• Supervises offender activities and movements.
• Assists in dispensing medication to offenders.
• Settles disputes between offenders.
• Assists in offender counts.
• Checks doors for security; inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies; conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
• Assists in processing offenders in and out.
• Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
• Monitors offenders movement within the institution.
High School Diploma or equivalent. No felony convictions or misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law. Must be fingerprinted and a search made of local, state and national files to disclose any criminal records. Ability to be Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified within twelve (12) months of hire. Will be required to attend five (5) weeks of training at Georgia Department of Corrections Training Center. Must possess a valid driver's license.