We are looking for Correctional Officers!
The purpose of this classification is to maintain the safety, security, control, and welfare of persons incarcerated in the Floyd County Prison.
- Supervises and controls offenders within the institution.
- Maintains security of institutions and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
- Supervises offender activities and movements.
- Assists in dispensing medication to offenders.
- Settles disputes between offenders.
- Assists in offender counts.
- Checks doors for security; inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies; conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
- Assists in processing offenders in and out.
- Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
- Monitors offenders' movement within the institution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No felony convictions or misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law.
- Must be fingerprinted and a search made of local, state, and national files to disclose any criminal records.
- Ability to be Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Will be required to attend five (5) weeks of training at the Georgia Department of Corrections Training Center.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic