The purpose of this position is to receive emergency calls from the public and dispatching emergency response to the scene. The position is responsible for conveying information to the general public and City and County public safety agencies.
• Receives incoming calls from the public and from other public safety agencies; obtains detailed information from callers.
• Determines emergency services needed; dispatches appropriate personnel.
• Provides field personnel with necessary information.
• Keeps a detailed log of incoming phone and radio calls.
• Enters data into computer and extracts required data from computer.
• Checks data on 911 screen for accuracy.
• Completes necessary forms for the correction of information within the 911 system.
• Monitors and routes incoming calls from Emergency Management, the National Weather Service, and the Hearing Impaired Telephone System.
• Receives and logs commercial and residential alarm systems and files reports, logs, and other paperwork.
• Testifies in court in reference to 911 calls.
High School Diploma or equivalent and possession of, or the ability to obtain the following: Full Terminal Operator (GCIC-NCIC) Certification, Basic Communications Officer Certification withing six (6) months of hire. Must be able to type at least 35 words per minute.