We are looking for a Billing Assistant!
The purpose of this classifications is to assist with the processing of orders, payments, and payment adjustments for the Floyd County Water Department.
- Assist in programming handheld computer units, lap top, and other meter reading hardware used for collecting meter readings and historical data collection. Import and export files to and from meter reading and billing software; update information based on meter readings.
- Prepares service orders for meter rereads based on meter reading information. Create service orders for meter replacement based on meter reading information. Update billing database with new information from meter readings.
- Assist with processing payments for utility services, post online payments to proper accounts on the computer, and balance payments with computer reports.
- Provides assistance and information related to accounts; responds to questions/ complaints, researches problems, and initiates problem resolution.
- Assist with processing refunds, reversals, and adjustments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience in clerical work
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation-Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay and Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic