Under the direction of the Director of Housing, the Administrative Assistant performs various secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties related to housing. Duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. The Assistant will Support the Director of Housing and staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The Administrative Assistant must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Admissions, Security, and Human Resources.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Order office supplies.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Responsible for the development of various documents using word processing software.
- Coordinate meetings, grievances, workshops and other events.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Informs attendees and solicits a meeting location.
- Maintains a calendar of meetings and events.
- Schedule conferences and type correspondences for the Director of Housing, Security Coordinator, and Human Resources Coordinator as needed.
- Schedule grievances, assist in recommending new grievance committee members, setup grievance trainings.
- Assist in updating/revising the Admission and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP).
- Assist in updating/revising the Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan.
- Assist with the relocation process of any resident.
- Answer and transferring phone calls to the property location.
- Opening and distributing mail daily.
- Filling confidential documentation.
- Greeting and welcoming residents, staff and/or vendors.
- Assisting current housing authority tenants and/or applicants if they call in or visit the office by directing them to the appropriate person.
- Schedules interviews for prospective applicants for employment.
- Assist with employment verifications/work history.
- Integrity and Trust – Show consistency between words and actions.
- Protect confidential and sensitive information.
- Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
- Ethics and Values – Engages in open and honest dialogue with others.
- Treat all individuals (residents, staff and guest) respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Customer and Team Focus – Establish and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Demonstrates effective customer relationships.
- Performs related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good communication and coordination skills.
• Knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
• Knowledge of PC operations and word processing software.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Skill to operate typewriter, calculator, mini-computer, and common office machines.
Education and Experience
- Two years of college from an accredited college is preferred and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two years of secretarial/clerical experience.
• Ability to be covered under the Authority’s fidelity bond.
• Possession of a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- $13 per hour.
Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or qualified applicants may apply in person at 326 West 9th Street, Rome, GA 30165, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. EOE.