Accounting Technician II
The purpose of this classification is to perform accounting/financial work functions associated with preparing and processing accounts payable and a variety of financial documentation and records.
- Processes high volume accounts payable; reviews and verifies all purchase orders, assisting purchasing agent with corrections prior to payment; reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness; performs research as needed; performs applicable calculations; assigns budgetary account numbers; enters data into computer.
- Generates weekly computerized and/or manual checks; verifies accuracy of checks; prepares checks for distribution or mailing; creates positive pay file to send bank for every check/wire run.
- Imports/processes purchasing card transactions using spreadsheets; corrects general ledger accounts as needed.
- Tracks and scans all payment and transaction records, including maintaining and organizing all payment records in document management system.
- Meets all deadlines related to month-end and year-end processes.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in accounts payable, general accounting, or a related field.
- Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic