We are looking for an Accountant!
The purpose of this classification is to process and maintain financial accounts and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
• Posts financial transactions to general and subsidiary ledgers; reviews invoices, vouchers, financial reports, budgets, and other documents and forms; makes adjusting or correcting entries.
• Performs a variety of accounting functions, balancing cash, reports, and accounts; preparing journal entries; posting financial data; maintaining ledgers; and reconciling bank statements.
• Assists in the preparation and analysis of financial documents such as income statements, balance sheets, financial statements, general ledgers, and budget reports.
• Performs monthly and yearly closeout of general ledger, assists auditors with annual audit.
• Compiles and/or tracks various administrative and/or statistical data pertaining to departmental operations county wide; makes applicable calculations; prepares or generates reports; maintains records.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and one (1) year of experience in accounting or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
BENEFITS:• Health/Major Medical
• Long Term Disability
• Employer-Paid Pension
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation- Annually
• Paid Sick
• Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
• Free Wellness Clinic