Delinquent Tax Officer
We are looking for a Delinquent Tax Officer I!
The purpose of this classification is to perform clerical work functions associated with collecting delinquent personal and real property taxes.
- Processes and reviews a variety of documentation associated with departmental operations.
- Distributes documentation or maintains records as appropriate.
- Posts property for tax sales; maintains records as appropriate.
- Posts property for tax sales; maintains time limits on tax sale property; completes warranty deeds for each tax sale.
- Prepares bank deposits and secures cash drawer.
- Collects delinquent taxes, calculates various taxes and fees; prepares/mails tax notices; establishes partial payment plans for customers; maintains records.
- Performs research on delinquent taxes.
- Transports banking transitions.
- Performs title searches on tax sale property.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years experience in general or legal office work or in a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Drivers License.
- Health/Major Medical
- Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Pension
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation- Annually
- Paid Sick
- Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
- Free Wellness Clinic