About our Company:
SUHNER USA Inc. is a Swiss owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. We are part of the SUHNER group of companies, a 100-year-old family owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, SUHNER has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. The position is based at our US-headquarters located in Rome, GA.
Today, we are operating a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products and customers and are looking for an energetic go-getter to add to our Team.
|The COMPONENTS Division is looking for the following Full-Time position:
|*1st shift* Multi Craft Mechanic/Electrical Tech
|About the Job:
|The Multi Craft Mechanic/Electrical Tech supports and maintains Operations equipment to achieve optimal performance. They troubleshoot, repair, install, align, dismantle, and repair industrial process equipment including electrical needs. The Multi Craft Mechanic/Electrical Tech is also responsible for performing periodic maintenance routines & preventative checks.
- $23/hour - $29/hour depending on skills & experience
- Full time/Hourly/Weekly pay
- 1st shift (8am-4pm M-F)
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k plan with Employer contribution
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
- Able to measure products using micrometers, calipers, scales, ruler and measuring tapes
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in an electrical/mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
- Experience installing, performing preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting electrical components within the manufacturing plant
- Experience operating electrical test equipment inherent to the job.
- Adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Working with others as a team
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining Operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with Operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining high-speed, industrial process equipment, power, lighting, control, and PLC logic controls for all production process and control equipment
- This includes: all electrical power (24 to 600 volts), automation controllers, VFDs, transducers, proximity sensors, and inspection devices
- Troubleshoot advanced control system and instrumentation equipment including PLC controls
- Able to measure products using micrometers and calipers
- Interpret and use wiring schematics
- Able to stand at least 4 hours without resting
- Able to lift at least 50lbs
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in work environment is usually loud
- Regularly required to climb, push, pull, sit, stand, bend, crouch, and crawl
- Able to push or pull carts and/or pallet jacks
- Able to bend and/or stoop to the floor
- Climate-controlled facility