Primary Role in the Organization:
Direct the Engineering Department in the execution, managing, and monitoring of NRI’s engineering functions in support of the business objectives.
All Engineering Department associates
1) Direct the Engineering Department in meeting NRI's company goals and objectives.
2) Create and control Engineering department goals and objectives in support of the company
3) Create and control Engineering department capital, expense, overtime, and manpower plans
4) Create and control NRI's new model process implementation plan including process design
(PFMEA), equipment development, and capacity planning/reporting.
5) Analyze and react to NRI facility requirements in meeting the new model business plan.
6) Perform time studies, capacity and cost analysis in support of current production and new model
7) Create and control the NRI facility mass production and new model operational process design,
via equipment and operations in accordance with customer volume.
8) Evaluate NRI's efficiency per operation utilizing a plan vs actual for cycle time and OEE.
9) Lead NRI's Kaizen and Streamlining objectives
10) Responsible for plant layout design and flow
11) Responsible to maintain all current Mass Production assembly & paint equipment and addressing
any equipment related production issues.
12) Support /Follow ISO-14001 Procedures
13) Support/Follow NRI’s Quality Management System including IATF-16949
1) Strong knowledge of manufacturing in an automotive environment.
2) Knowledge of plastics tooling and materials
3. Knowledge of assembly equipment development and programming
4) In-depth knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
5) Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct employees.
1) Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
A. Physical Demands
1) Must be able to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
2) Must be able to travel on short notice
3) Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
4) Must be able to push/pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
5) Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
6) Must be able assemble new model parts and work with hand tools
B. Equipment Usage
1) Computer related equipment
2) General knowledge of injection mold machines, robots, paint equipment, and general assembly equipment.
C. Mental/Cognitive Demands
1) Excellent problem solving skills
2) Ability to manage conflict and crisis
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5) Excellent leadership and negotiating skills
6) Good mechanical and electrical aptitude
7) Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
8) Strong knowledge of all NRI products, equipment and facilities
9) Able to manage multiple tasks