Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid
Job ID: 262443
Location: GHC - Floyd Campus
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor's degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
This position directs the college's financial aid operations and ensures compliance with all related state and federal regulations.
Develops and implements policies and procedures.
• Develops and revises policies in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state policies and procedures.
• Monitors aid packaging to ensure compliance.
Manages department personnel.
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.
• Reviews and approves department payroll.
Manages a variety of department functions.
• Oversees Satisfactory Academic Progress program functions.
• Oversees Return to Title IV program functions.
• Oversees student loan processing.
• Oversees Federal Work Study program functions.
• Oversees state aid programs.
• Oversees departmental budget.
• Oversees federal and state reporting requirements.
Assists students and parents.
• Handles escalated customer service issues.
• Counsels students and parents as needed.
Performs a variety of related duties.
• Shares information as appropriate and promotes the development of new policies, procedures, and programs based on that information.
• Updates forms and publications, including web material, to ensure accuracy.
• Assists in developing enrollment projections.
• Works with Bursar's Office to ensure the timeliness of transactions.
• Coordinates community outreach programs to foster relations and help incoming students.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master's degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require five or more years of related experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
$85,000 - $95,000 annually
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to student financial aid
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of program eligibility requirements
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in the supervision of personnel
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication
Apply Before Date
Applications will be reviewed as received.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto: email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4512587
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.