|About our Company:
SUHNER USA Inc. is a Swiss-owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. We are part of the SUHNER group of companies, a 100-year-old family-owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, SUHNER has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. The position is based at our US-headquarters located in Rome, GA.
Today, we are operating a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products, and customers and are looking for an energetic go-getter to add to our Team.
|The COMPONENTS Division is looking for the following Full-Time position:
|Manufacturing Engineer [Full-Time]
|About the Job:
|As our Manufacturing Engineer, you will be a key member of our team responsible for monitoring and analyzing Manufacturing processes and improvements. You will be supporting and developing a strong cross-functional team across all departments by identifying areas for improvement and optimization.
- Compensation package $74k-100k+ (based upon experience)
- Full time (Mon-Fri 8a-5p)/Salary/Bi-weekly pay
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- HSA account
- 401k plan with up to 7% Employer contribution
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering field or 10 years relevant experience (required).
- 3-5 years Manufacturing & Engineering experience with focus on equipment troubleshooting and improvement, PMs, PLCs, and Extrusion (required).
- Work authorization (required).
- Working knowledge of PLC controls and programming.
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace industry is a plus.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings in both English and Metric dimensions including an understanding of GD&T.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Able to perform intermediate math operations including basic statistical analysis.
- Able to measure product accurately using micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, scales (rulers), and measuring tapes.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong sense of urgency, time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
Ability to listen to, read, and understand information and ideas communicated verbally and in writing.
- Monitor and analyze:
- Manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Safety risk and compliance within the SUHNER manufacturing environment.
- Provide support in the design and implementation of equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify areas for process improvement and optimization.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment to identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently preventing production downtime.
- Perform equipment risk analysis to ensure spare parts are readily available.
- Perform equipment tooling management and life analysis.
- Manage the creation and execution of Procedures/Work Instructions related to new or changed processes.
- Problem solving/root cause analysis, developing, and implementing corrective actions and continual improvement activities.
- Participate in SUHNER's Internal Layered and Internal Audit Process.
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Participate in the review and approval of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) and Document Change Notices (DCN’s)
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage the maintenance department.
- Additional support to Engineering, Production, and Quality Assurance departments as needed.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Supports and develops a strong team that is cross functional across all departments.
- Generates, maintains, and adheres to project expense and capital budgets.
- Interact with production personnel on possible new or existing products and/or processes.
- Ability to independently manage Engineering projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Climate-controlled environment.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, crouch, and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.