About our Company:
SUHNER USA Inc. is a Swiss-owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. We are part of the SUHNER group of companies, a 100-year-old family-owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, SUHNER has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. The position is based at our US-headquarters located in Rome, GA.
Today, we are operating a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products, and customers and are looking for an energetic go-getter to add to our Team.
|The COMPONENTS Division is looking for the following Full-Time position:
|Product & Process Engineer [Full-Time]
|About the Job:
|As our Manufacturing Engineer you will be a key member of our team that is responsible for Product Design and Development, Process improvements, and Project management. You will be working closely with our Sales Department in order to develop the products our customers require. You will also be heavily involved with our Production and Quality Departments and aid with manufacturing processes and start up.
- Compensation package $78k-85k+ (based upon experience)
- Full time (Mon-Fri 8a-5p)/Salary/Bi-weekly pay
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- HSA account
- 401k plan with Employer contribution
- Referral program
- Wellness and health program
- Company paid family events
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field (required).
- 2-4+ years Manufacturing & Engineering experience (required).
- Work authorization (required).
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace industry is a plus.
- Ongoing knowledge of leading-edge technology is essential.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings in both English and Metric dimensions including an understanding of GD&T.
- Proficient with Solid Works 3D modeling package.
- Great written/oral communication skills with employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Able to perform intermediate math operations including basic statistical analysis.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- CAD and MS-Office proficient.
- Strong sense of urgency and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to measure product accurately using micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, scales (rulers), and measuring tapes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Available to travel on a limited basis.
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to listen, read, and understand information and ideas communicated verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate with customers on product requests, evaluating feasibility and economic attractiveness of developing a new SKU.
- Evaluate new materials and technologies for suitability in product development projects.
- Participate in review of customer requirements (new products or changes) and feasibility reviews.
- Participate in customer request for quote (RFQ) process, including Engineering feasibility.
- Work with Engineering, Production, and Quality Assurance departments throughout the APQP process (where required) for the creation or revision of Process Flow Charts, PFMEA’s, and Control Plans.
- Work with the Engineering, Production, and Quality Assurance departments to ensure the smooth and effective transition of new or significantly changed projects and the associated processes including equipment, tooling, and work instructions.
- Manage the creation and execution of Procedures/Work Instructions for new or changed processes.
- Manage the launch of new or significantly changed products; working with Production for trials and engineering samples and with Quality Assurance for PPAP document preparation.
- Participate when needed in Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis, developing, and implementing Corrective Actions and Continual Improvement Activities.
- Participate in SUHNER’s Internal Layered and Internal Audit Process.
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Participate in the review and approval of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) and Document Change Notices (DCN’s).
- Participate in Customer meetings & Customer visits for new product launches.
- Additional support to Engineering, Production, and Quality Assurance Departments as needed.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Supports and develops a strong team that is cross functional across all Departments.
- Generates, maintains, and adheres to project expense and capital budgets.
- Ensure Engineering Work Order’s and costing assigned to you are processed on time (KPIs).
- Interact with production personnel on possible new or existing products and/or processes.
- Ability to independently manage Engineering projects and ensure project objectives are met.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Climate-controlled environment.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, crouch and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.