Manufacturing Engineer Product and Process
Please apply using this link: Applicant Stack - Manufacturing Engineer Product and Process.
About our Company:
Suhner Manufacturing, Inc. is a Swiss owned corporation founded in the US in 1976. Suhner is part of the Suhner group of companies, a 100 year old family owned company based in Switzerland.
Since then, Suhner has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of flexible shafts for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, and Lawn and Garden Industries. Our US-headquarters is located in Rome, GA, where this position is based.
Today, we are operating a 60,000 sqft manufacturing plant in Rome, GA. Continuous new product innovation in conjunction with advanced manufacturing technologies guarantees our customers a competitive product.
Apply now to Join our Team! We take pride in our employees, products and customers and are looking for an energetic go getter to add to our Team.
About the Job:
As our Manufacturing Engineer you will be a key member of our team that is responsible for Product Design and Development, Process improvements, and Project management. You will be working closely with our sales Department in order to develop the products our customers require. will also be heavily involved with our Production and Quality Departments and aid with manufacturing processes and start up.
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation package $70k+ based upon experience
- Full-time / Salary (M-F, 8-5)
- Paid Vacation and Paid sick time
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision available
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering field with a working knowledge of Scientific/Engineering Methodology, Kinematics, Statics & Dynamics, Strength of Materials and familiarity with Material Science & Metallurgy.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Engineering and Manufacturing Processes within a manufacturing organization including design, testing, metrology, analysis, problem solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning methods.
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace industry is a plus.
- Ongoing knowledge of leading-edge technology is essential.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings in both English and Metric dimensions including an understanding of GD&T.
- Proficient with Solid Works 3D modeling package.
- Great written/oral communication skills with employees, management, suppliers, and customers
- Able to perform intermediate math operations including basic statistical analysis
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization, and a strong focus on customer experience.
- Strong sense of urgency, and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to measure product accurately using micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, scales (rulers) and measuring tapes
- CAD and MS-Office proficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Available to travel on a limited basis
- Participate in review of customer requirements (new products or changes) and feasibility reviews.
- Work with Engineering, Production and Quality Assurance departments throughout the APQP process (where required) for the creation or revision of Process Flow Charts, PFMEA’s and Control Plans.
- Work with the Engineering, Production and Quality Assurance departments to ensure the smooth and effective transition of new or significantly changed projects and the associated processes including equipment, tooling, and work instructions.
- Manage the creation and execution of Procedures/Work Instructions new or changed processes.
- Manage the launch of new or significantly changed products; working with Production for trials and engineering samples and with Quality Assurance for PPAP document preparation.
- Participate when needed in Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis, developing, and implementing Corrective Actions and Continual Improvement Activities.
- Participate in Suhner’s Internal Layered and Internal Audit Process
- Troubleshoot new and existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Participate in the review and approval of Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) and Document Change Notices (DCN’s)
- Participate in Customer meetings & Customer visits for new product launches
- Additional support to Engineering, Production and Quality Assurance Departments as needed
- Supports and develops a strong team that is cross functional across all Departments.
- Generates, maintains, and adheres to project expense and capital budgets
- Ensure Engineering Work Order’s and costing assigned to you are processed on time. (KPIs)
- Interact with production personnel on possible new or existing products and / or processes.
- Ability to manage engineering projects
- Other task as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Clearly communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Ability to listen, read and understand information and ideas communicated verbally and in writing
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, crouch and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Come Join our Team!