Student - Ambassador
Student - Ambassador
Job ID: 264206
Location: GHC - Floyd Campus
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor's degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
This position serves as the student representative and exemplifies the best qualities of Georgia Highlands College. Students selected as Ambassadors will serve as a vital link between GHC alumni, community partners, faculty, staff and both current and prospective students.
• Assists Recruitment in campus tour and recruiting events
• Assists Campus Leaders with recruiting and community events
• Collaborates with the schools and other areas within the college to promote events
• Acts as the college representative for community events
• Serve in orientations the roles previously designated to Orientation Leaders
• Attends training sessions and become familiar with the materials
• Represents the college in a positive manner
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Interpersonal communication skills; the capacity to listen and respond to individuals' questions and concerns; the ability to help others problem-solve and make decisions.
• Ability to balance a variety of activities, including academics and extra-curricular activities.
• A role model who exemplifies strong academic decision-making and a balanced lifestyle
• At least one semester completed at GHC and a 2.5 cumulative grade point average, with a desired 2.75. Or enrolled in the first term at GHC with a staff/faculty recommendation.
$10.00 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Possess a working knowledge of GHC campuses and student support services
• Knowledge of student technologies including SCORE, Student Email, Navigate and D2L
• Understanding of different departments on campus and their functions
• Exhibit leadership potential and a positive, energetic attitude
• Display effective vernal and non-verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work in a team environment and often with limited direct supervision
• Demonstrate self-initiative, punctuality, maturity and flexibility
• Adhere to all GHC Policies and Procedures
• Assist various GHC departments and offices as needed
• Ability to communicate your story to perspective students though in-person events both on and off campus, and by creating content for people to pursue
Apply Before Date
Applications will be reviewed as received.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at mailto: email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4651709
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.