PT Instructor - Statistics
PT Instructor - Statistics
Job ID: 261264
Location: GHC - Cartersville Instr. Site
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor's degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
This position prepares and delivers instruction as a part-time instructor for Georgia Highlands College, a multi-site college within the University System of Georgia.
• Is responsible to understand, support, and carry out the college's mission, vision, and values and comply with mandates and regulations of government and accrediting bodies.
• Teaches up to 7 credit hours per academic semester as assigned (day, evening or weekend) at one or more of the GHC locations as some classes may require additional locations. Location is subject to change as needed.
• Teaches one or more undergraduate courses in statistics and related subjects, including but not limited to: data collection and analysis, probability, statistical inference, regression analysis, and mathematical statistics. Potential courses include Elementary Statistics, Learning Support for Elementary Statistics, Elementary Statistics II, Statistical Analysis for Business, and Introduction to Data Science.
• Adopts and implements common course objectives as required by the division and discipline
• Offers professional assistance in curriculum development, review, and instructional materials selection
• Manages courses through systematic use of appropriate syllabi and accurate professional records of students' class performance, attendance and grades. Adopts and implements common course objectives
• Participates in assessment of student learning outcomes
• Participates in the extended work of the college through participation in faculty senate, student organizations, and attends division meetings, full faculty meetings, town hall meetings, in-service training, and graduation. Attends part-time faculty orientation prior to the beginning of the semester
• Engages in functions of evidence-based academic and program assessment, as required for accreditation, college compliance, and continuous review and improvement of student learning outcomes
• Pursues continued professional development in academic discipline, technological applications for the classroom, and innovations and enhancement in teaching and learning
• Performs related duties as assigned
• Master's Degree in Math or Statistics, or 18 graduate hours in Math or Statistics
Salary based on part-time instructor pay scale.
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies
• Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies
• Knowledge of GHC policies and procedures, and human resources policies
• Knowledge of GHC course scheduling procedures
• Skill in the preparation of clear and accurate reports
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication
• Ability to teach courses in required discipline
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to work with a diverse population
Apply Before Date
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto: email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4422664
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.