Head Women's Basketball Coach
Head Women's Basketball Coach
Job ID: 260144
Location: GHC - Floyd Campus
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor's degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
This position is responsible for all components of the women basketball program, including recruiting, coaching, overseeing conduct and discipline for student athletes, and academic advising student-athletes.
• Is responsible to understand, support, and carry out the college's mission, vision, and values and comply with mandates and regulations of government and accrediting bodies.
• Supervises all team practices, competition, and student athletes
• Develops and executes a recruitment plan in accordance with NJCAA polices & procedures
• Develops practice plans and game strategies for upcoming opponents
• Develops practice schedules and teaches the fundamental skills and techniques of basketball
• Performs on-court instruction and player development
• Organizes team travel for away games
• Conducts and supervises individual trainings for student athletes and off-season conditioning
• Monitors progress of student athletes and implements strategies to ensure academic and athletic success with an emphasis on sportsmanship, integrity, a competitive spirit, and academic success
• Promotes athletic program and events to the campus and community and raises funds in conjunction with the Office of Advancement and the President's Office
• Manages Women Basketball program budget
• Manages scholarship awards in coordination with the Director of Athletics
• Manages and cares for basketball equipment and supervises maintenance of gymnasium
• Maintains Women Basketball website
• Represents the college at all regional and national meetings as required
• Performs assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the college
• Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
$37,000 - $43,000 annually
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial transcripts, if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics at the NJCAA level
• Strong knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations or ability to learn and retain quickly
• General knowledge of Title IX regulations
• General knowledge of FERPA guidelines
• Knowledge and experience with fund raising methods
• Knowledge and the ability to apply technology to athletic program management
• Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of fitness equipment
• Knowledge of gymnasium and athletic area maintenance
• Knowledge of college budgetary and purchasing policies
• Knowledge of sports activities
• Skill in the use of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in oral and written communication
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto: email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4307951
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.