Counselor - Admissions (Alabama Territory)
Counselor - Admissions (Alabama Territory)
Job ID: 263613
Location: GHC - Floyd Campus
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor's degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
This position is responsible for the recruitment of students for Georgia Highlands College primarily in the State of Alabama.
The Admissions Counselor position is responsible for establishing new relationships and networks primarily in the state of Alabama with a focus on attracting undergraduate students to Georgia Highlands College.
This position is remote, based in, and primarily operates out of the state of Alabama. Additional travel for recruitment, campus meetings and events will be required. This is a full-time, year-round position with some evenings and weekends.
• Supports and carries out the college's mission, vision, and values and complies with mandates and regulations of government and accrediting bodies.
• Responsible for all aspects of creation, development, and implementation of recruitment strategies for prospective students in Alabama.
• Represent Georgia Highlands College in high schools, community colleges and at college fair programs, prospective students, and their families throughout the state.
• Establish and maintain relationships with high school counselors.
• Correspond with prospective students and their families;
• Attend college fairs/nights and make individual visits to high schools and community colleges within the region during the fall and spring of each year;
• Organize and supervise local area events for prospective students in the fall, and yield events for accepted students in the spring each year.
• Provides prospective students, high school counselors, and community partners with information concerning the admissions and enrollment process.
• Utilizes technology to track prospective and applied students through the application and enrollment process
• Provides outreach and communication to prospective and applied students through the application and enrollment process
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial Transcripts
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to admissions and student enrollment
• Knowledge of admissions requirements
• Knowledge of GHC programs of study
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Willingness and ability to travel extended periods and work extended hours, including evenings and weekends;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Self-motivated with the ability to independently manage and complete work assignments without close supervision
• Ability to set up a home office in Alabama.
Apply Before Date
Applications will be accepted until filled.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto: email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Questions.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4631437
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.