Communications Director - Part Time
Position Purpose and Description: The Communications Director will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for both church and community audiences, in collaboration with church and ministry leaders. These responsibilities include unifying and aligning communications, partnering with ministries, meeting with ministry leaders and creating communications plans to mobilize their specific audiences, ensuring that high-quality and highest impact communications are created for both internal and external audiences, and establishing a strategy and communication plan that is essential for the growth, health, and development of the church.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:Collaboration & Leadership:
- Collaborate with church staff and ministry leaders to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, creatively and effectively to church-wide and specific audiences, as well as external audiences.
- Collaborate with church staff and ministry leaders to support their communications needs and to organize and plan communications messages in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with church staff and ministry leaders to develop strategy and messaging to enable FBC to become more visible in the community and reach those not currently associated with the church.
- Educate staff members on communication/marketing issues and processes related to the church.
- Create churchwide branding and style guidelines.
- Manage the FBC brand to ensure consistency, presence, and quality.
- Coordinate and compile regular email communications to the congregation.
- Coordinate publication of weekly worship bulletins, biweekly newsletter and other occasional printed materials.
- Facilitate proactive communications ideas, calendaring, church-wide and ministry specific initiatives working to ensure the church can be concise, clear and creative in these communications.
- Develop and produce digital resources for internal and external ministry and outreach
- Coordinate the taking of photos and videos from worship services, church events, special occasions, and church facilities.
- Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention. Website & Social Media:
- Develop website strategy and implement improved website design.
- Oversee the maintenance and update of the website on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain a congregational presence on social media (Facebook Group, Facebook Page, and Instagram, etc.)
- Ensure FBC stays current and relevant with how and what we use for social media.
- Review and report on website and social media analytics. Other Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly church staff meeting. Joining other meetings of church committees and Deacons is highly recommended.
- Attend a minimum of 2-3 additional church activities each month, including at least one Sunday morning worship service and one Wednesday night First Choice Supper.
- Manage communications budget.
- Coordinate maintenance of digital church directory
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, digital technology or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a comparable role
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong and professional interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with project management experience
- Creative vision for effective communications, and initiative and energy to upgrade and improve all communication platforms.
- Current knowledge of creative communication and digital trends, as well as strategies to communicate more effectively.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn functional software programs used by the church (currently Microsoft 365 as well as various web-based programs including Canva, SquareSpace, Shelby, Adobe Suite to include Premiere Pro). Knowledge and experience with other programs is a plus.
- Ability to become well versed with the overall vision and ministry goals of the congregation.
- Demonstrated experience in communications, marketing, graphic design and video editing.
- Experience with social media marketing, campaigns and analytics.
Work Schedule: 25 hours per week (part-time), to include some evening and weekend work.
How To Apply: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.