Retail Store Clerk (Part-Time)
We are a local family owned and operated Dry Cleaning business in Rome, GA seeking a Part-Time Retail Store Clerk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers.
- Accepts, receives or delivers garments from/for customers.
- Marks, stamps or tags garments to be cleaned.
- Answer questions from customers regarding price or drycleaning process.
- Assist customers on inquiries and concerns.
- Enters customer and order information using computer POS system.
- Accepts payment (cash, check, credit card) and makes change for customers.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at beginning and/or end of shift.
- Checks in finished orders using the computer system and racks them according to store procedures.
- Keeps the store clean and orderly.
- Responsible for assisting in training of new customer service clerks and cross training of other employees,
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of daily deposits, change, and total sales.
- Ensures compliance of Company policies, procedures and practices and supports Company loss prevention efforts.
Salary: $9.00 - $12.00
- Shift based on business need
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (with rotation of some Saturday's)
- Rotating Weekends
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Up to three months of previous retail or customer service experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to move or handle inventory generally weighting 0-25 lbs, stand for majority of working hours, walk to retrieve inventory, and to reach overhead to place or remove garments from racks or conveyor.
- Ability to work varied hours/days depending on operational needs.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication. and/or division, fractions, and percentages to practical situations.
- Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position also requires for you to have arm-hand steadiness and control precision.
- Post Offer Criminal Background Check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work Monday - Saturday
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org